Working with us via the Ariba network
From 1 December 2019, we'll be using SAP Ariba® (Ariba), a cloud-based platform, to facilitate supplier registration, record management, sourcing/tendering and contract management. Ariba has been used to transform the global procurement landscape since 1996. We'll electronically manage supplier registration requests, request for tenders, contract management and supplier performance management through the Ariba network.
For our suppliers, registering on the Ariba network means:
- you'll have control over your data and be able to manage your details, updating them any time you need to without the need to engage with us
- your banking information is entered and stored directly into Ariba by you – you'll no longer need to supply your bank details in an unsecured way over the phone or via email
- you can access the whole Ariba network of buyers, giving you more opportunities to connect and do business with other companies as well as us, and
- you can submit tender offers online, receive information about tenders and supply arrangements in one central location from your Ariba profile.
From 1 December 2019, if you'd like to be an Energy Queensland supplier or if you would like to make an offer on an advertised tender, or you're a current Energy Queensland VendorPanel supplier, we'll require you to create an Ariba account (if you don’t already have one). This is the first step to joining our trading area or “realm” on Ariba.
How to join the Ariba Network as an Energy Queensland supplier
Once we're live from December 1, if you're a current Energy Queensland supplier you'll receive a notification from our Ariba platform to the email address we have for you, with a unique link that you must use to join the Energy Queensland realm.
If you're already registered on Ariba you'll click on this link to login, which will automatically connect you to register on our realm.
If you're not registered on Ariba, you can register via the same link and be automatically directed to register on our realm once you have your Ariba Account set up.
You'll then be able to participate in tenders advertised after 1 December subject to the terms and conditions set out on that site. For further information on registering please view the attached Work Instructions (PDF 1.3 mb).or watch the video.
We'll be inviting suppliers to join us in rounds. We'll send an email to alert you to your round at the appropriate time.
For further information on how to participate in an Energy Queensland tender please view the attached Work Instruction (PDF 726.6 kb).
How to use Ariba post 1 December 2019
From 1 December 2019, Energy Queensland and its subsidiaries, will transition their Tender activity to the SAP Ariba platform. Tenders will continue to be advertised on QTenders but Tender responses will be gradually transitioned to and managed in Ariba.
Suppliers must be registered on Ariba and part of the Energy Queensland Ariba Realm in order to respond to Tenders in Ariba. For more information on how to do this refer to the work instructions. Details on the requirement response process will be included within the QTender Invitation Overview of each Tender released to Market.
There are several steps in the Energy Queensland Tenders process:
- Register - Access the Queensland Government's QTenders website and, if you haven't already do so, register as a supplier.
- Login - Once you're registered with QTenders, you can log in at any time to view current tenders. You can also set up alerts which will notify you of any available tenders matching your selected criteria.
- View available tenders - To view current tenders, click on the 'View Tenders/Current' link. To find Energy Queensland tenders you'll need to use the search field at the top of the page.
- Accessing the tender pack
- Via Ariba - Follow the instructions provided in the QTenders advertisement to participate in the Tender over the Ariba network.
- Via QTenders - Go to Section 3 of the Tenders information and click on the Specification Documents link. Click the download documents link.
- Submit your application
- Via Ariba - Once registered and invited to an event, you'll submit all your responses from your Ariba account on the Ariba network.
- Via QTenders - You must upload your tender by the due date and time listed on the Tender information. Ensure your Tender submission is complete as no changes can be made once it is uploaded. To upload, log in to QTenders and find the relevant Tender. Click on the Electronic Response icon and upload your documents. A confirmation of your upload will be emailed to you by the QTenders system. Please keep this email.
- Application assessment - We'll assess all applications submitted by the due date and the successful contractor will be notified. This usually takes one to two weeks. If you're not successful we'll notify you.
- Contract negotiations - We'll negotiate a contract with the successful contractor. When the contract is signed, work can begin.
Supplier data management
If you've chosen to register on the Ariba network and join Energy Queensland’s realm, you'll be able to update any of your details online through your Ariba account. You'll no longer need to call or email one of our representative to make the changes on your behalf.
Registering to supply to Energy Queensland
If you're interested in applying to supply to Energy Queensland, after December 1 you may also do this via Ariba. More information and a link will be placed on this site after we're live.
Do I have to join Ariba?
To help you decide whether you want to register on the Ariba network, you may also want to review the Ariba Product Policies. There'll be a process to engage with us as a supplier should you choose not to register on the Ariba network. Details of this process will be released closer to 1 December 2019.
Does it cost anything to join Ariba?
There are no fees associated with registering as a supplier on the Ariba network or placing a bid on a tender or for requesting a quote. You could incur fees by transacting with other customers on the Ariba network but at this time, there are no costs associated when you transact with us.
What information will Energy Queensland collect on the Ariba network and where will it be stored?
Where do I find and lodge Tenders?
Tenders will be lodged through QTender. You can find and respond to our Tenders on Ariba after 1 December 2019.