We are committed to conducting all business activities legally, ethically and with strict observance of the highest standards of integrity and proprietary. Our main governance objective is to achieve our business outcomes aligned with our ethical, social and environmental responsibilities.
Please click on the grey bars below to see more information and related documents.
Read more: Our approach to Corporate Governance
To achieve our solid governance foundation requires a robust corporate governance framework of our policies and practices that have been adopted by the Board and management, who encourage our staff to carry out their duties in an ethical and responsible manner, protecting the community interest and our company’s integrity.
Energy Queensland Limited is a Government Owned Corporation (GOC) reporting to the Queensland Government via two shareholding Ministers, on behalf of the communities across Queensland.
Energy Queensland Limited is the parent company of a number of operating subsidiary companies whose main business is the provision of regulated electricity distribution, retail services to customers and other unregulated business activities. These companies include:
- Ergon Energy Corporation Limited trading as Ergon Energy Network
- Energex Limited trading as Energex
- Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd trading as Ergon Energy Retail
- Yurika Pty Ltd trading as Yurika
- Metering Dynamics Pty Ltd trading as Yurika Metering
- Ergon Energy Telecommunications Pty Ltd trading as Yurika Telecoms
Energy Queensland Limited is governed by an independent Board of Directors whose primary role is to provide effective governance, oversight and strategic direction of our affairs and our subsidiary companies to ensure the interests of our shareholding Ministers are protected, while having regard for the interests of all stakeholders including our community stakeholders, customers, industry partners and employees.
Our corporate governance practices are in line with the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Corporate Governance Council Principles and Recommendations (4th edition), where applicable, and the Queensland Government’s Corporate Governance Guidelines for Government Owned Corporations. These provide a framework of eight principles that guide our corporate governance arrangements.
Further information about our corporate governance framework and practices is available in our Corporate Governance Statement in our Annual Report.
- Audit Committee Charter - R260 (PDF 196.5 kb)
- Board Charter of Energy Queensland Ltd (PDF 251.2 kb)
- Internal Audit Charter - R141 (PDF 483.0 kb)
- People, Safety and Environment Committee Charter - R246 (PDF 261.9 kb)
- Regulatory and Policy Committee Charter - R300 (PDF 277.0 kb)
- Risk and Compliance Committee Charter - R261 (PDF 317.9 kb)
- Asbestos Management Policy - P045 (PDF 251.7 kb)
- Business (Quality) Policy - P046 (PDF 173.9 kb)
- Complaints Management Policy - P014 (PDF 236.3 kb)
- Compliance Management Policy - P015 (PDF 500.5 kb)
- Director Code of Conduct Policy - P001 (PDF 199.2 kb)
- Director Conflicts of Interest - P002 (PDF 243.5 kb)
- Director Entertainment, Hospitality and Gifts Policy - P003 (PDF 307.5 kb)
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy - P016 (PDF 220.0 kb)
- Employee Code of Conduct Policy - P004 (PDF 344.2 kb)
- Environment Sustainability and Cultural Heritage Policy - P058 (PDF 171.7 kb)
- Fraud and Corruption Prevention Policy - P017 (PDF 267.4 kb)
- Health and Safety Policy - P009 (PDF 418.1 kb)
- Low Carbon Future Statement Policy - P056 (PDF 573.1 kb)
- Public Interest Disclosure and Whistleblower Policy - P047 (PDF 304.0 kb)
- Risk Management Policy - P043 (PDF 253.9 kb)
- Right to Information
- Securities Dealing Policy - P048 (PDF 244.6 kb)
- Sponsorship Policy - P021 (PDF 463.4 kb)
- Sustainable Procurement Policy - P011 (PDF 374.6 kb)