We are committed to conducting all business activities legally, ethically and with strict observance of the highest standards of integrity and proprietary. Our main governance objective is to achieve our business outcomes aligned with our ethical, social and environmental responsibilities.
Read more: Our approach to Corporate Governance
To achieve our solid governance foundation requires a robust corporate governance framework of our policies and practices that have been adopted by the Board and management, who encourage our staff to carry out their duties in an ethical and responsible manner, protecting the community interest and our company’s integrity.
Energy Queensland Limited is a Government Owned Corporation (GOC) reporting to the Queensland Government via two shareholding Ministers, on behalf of the communities across Queensland.
Energy Queensland Limited is the parent company of a number of operating subsidiary companies whose main business is the provision of regulated electricity distribution, retail services to customers and other unregulated business activities. These companies include:
- Ergon Energy Corporation Limited trading as Ergon Energy Network
- Energex Limited trading as Energex
- Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd trading as Ergon Energy Retail
- Yurika Pty Ltd trading as Yurika
- Metering Dynamics Pty Ltd trading as Yurika Metering
- Ergon Energy Telecommunications Pty Ltd trading as Yurika Telecoms
Energy Queensland Limited is governed by an independent Board of Directors whose primary role is to provide effective governance, oversight and strategic direction of our affairs and our subsidiary companies to ensure the interests of our shareholding Ministers are protected, while having regard for the interests of all stakeholders including our community stakeholders, customers, industry partners and employees.
Our corporate governance practices are in line with the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Corporate Governance Council Principles and Recommendations (4th edition), where applicable, and the Queensland Government’s Corporate Governance Guidelines for Government Owned Corporations. These provide a framework of eight principles that guide our corporate governance arrangements.
Further information about our corporate governance framework and practices is available in our Corporate Governance Statement in our Annual Report.
- Audit Committee Charter - R260 (PDF 256.8 kb)
- Board Charter of Energy Queensland Ltd (PDF 246.7 kb)
- Internal Audit Charter - R141 (PDF 291.5 kb)
- People, Safety and Environment Committee Charter - R246 (PDF 273.1 kb)
- Regulatory and Policy Committee Charter - R300 (PDF 154.8 kb)
- Risk and Compliance Committee Charter - R261 (PDF 227.9 kb)
- Asbestos Management Policy - P045 (PDF 305.1 kb)
- Business (Quality) Policy - P046 (PDF 145.0 kb)
- Complaints Management Policy - P014 (PDF 773.1 kb)
- Compliance Management Policy - P015 (PDF 276.8 kb)
- Director Code of Conduct Policy - P001 (PDF 147.9 kb)
- Director Conflicts of Interest - P002 (PDF 129.8 kb)
- Director Entertainment, Hospitality and Gifts Policy - P003 (PDF 206.6 kb)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy - P016 (PDF 272.4 kb)
- Employee Code of Conduct Policy - P004 (PDF 285.0 kb)
- Environment Sustainability and Cultural Heritage Policy - P058 (PDF 1.4 mb)
- Fraud and Corruption Prevention Policy - P017 (PDF 179.7 kb)
- Health and Safety Policy - P009 (PDF 1.0 mb)
- Low Carbon Future Statement Policy - P056 (PDF 759.7 kb)
- Procurement Policy - P011 (PDF 320.8 kb)
- Public Interest Disclosure and Whistleblower Policy - P047 (PDF 961.0 kb)
- Risk Management Policy - P043 (PDF 343.1 kb)
- Right to Information
- Securities Dealing Policy - P048 (PDF 186.0 kb)
- Sponsorship Policy - P021 (PDF 241.8 kb)
Other governance documents
- Agreement to issue Recipient Created Tax Invoices - T036 (DOCX 85.7 kb)
- Corporate Procurement Plan 2022-23 (PDF 423.3 kb)
- Natural Hazards Strategy 2023-24 (PDF 935.6 kb)
- Public Interest Disclosure Guidelines - R123 (PDF 372.3 kb)
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions - R130 (PDF 468.4 kb)
- Ring Fencing Requirements to Service Providers - R065 - 691292 (PDF 119.9 kb)
- RCTI Implementation Guide - R111 (PDF 208.3 kb)
- Vegetation Management Strategy - G001 (PDF 1.7 mb)